Being involved in a car accident can be a fearful experience, especially if you are a new driver. Even when you have taken all of the precautions you can before sitting behind the wheel, not everyone who is driving on the road has taken the same safety measures as you. Whether you consider yourself a safe driver or not, you are at risk for being involved in a car accident simply by getting behind the wheel. Our Orlando car accident attorney can discuss with you what the most common types of car accidents are. If you happen to experience a car accident, you must contact Payer Law Group for an initial consultation. Do not let the accused walk free. Fight for justice, especially if you were injured in the accident. You shouldn’t have to pay any costs out of pocket if you are a victim in one of many types of car accidents.
5 Most Common Car Accidents
When you wind up in an auto accident, you may feel shaken up, but make sure that you call for help right away. If you are injured, call 911 and visit the hospital as soon as possible. Our main concern at Payer Law Group is your safety and your health. After you have been cleared by a doctor, we can proceed will legal action. Some of the most common car accidents include
- Rear-End Collisions- If a driver is not following the car in front of them at a safe distance and is tailgating them, the two cars are likely to wind up in a rear-end collision if the car in front stops short. Although this type of accident isn’t too damaging, it is the most popular type of car accident.
- Single Vehicle Crashes- Younger drivers tend to be involved in single vehicle crashes. This includes running off the road, slipping on ice and spinning out of control, hitting objects, and other scenarios. The most common cause of this accident is braking too hard to avoid an obstacle.
- Cross-Traffic Accidents- A cross-traffic accident is when there is a collision at an intersection and it is usually caused by a driver who runs a red light or stop sign.
- Clipping Other Cars When Merging- Merging cars are always at risk for being sideswiped. Our Orlando car accident attorney urges you to take extra precautions when you are merging on any road. If you do not check your blind spots before merging, you are putting yourself and others on the road at risk. Don’t be negligent.
- Low Speed Accidents- Although this is not the worst type of accident, damage can still occur. A low speed accident usually happens in parking lots or residential areas.
How To Avoid The Risk
Unfortunately, you cannot completely avoid car accidents but here are a few tips that may help keep you safe when you are driving:
- Don’t speed
- Wear your seatbelt
- Do not become distracted
- Do not assume everyone is driving safely
- Maintain a safe driving distance
If you are connected to a car accident and you have been injured, call our Orlando car accident attorney today at 407-648-1510 or visit our website! payerlawgroup.com.