A car accident is a traumatic and life-altering event. Following any car accidents Orlando drivers experience, they may find themselves confused as to what steps to take in order to build a personal injury case. Documentation and evidence are key to making your case, especially if you are injured and plan to sue for damages. The lawyers at Payer Law Group in Orlando can advise you on the most important documents you will need to prepare.
Do I Need an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer?
Absolutely. The documentation needed will vary case to case. An Orlando car accident lawyer at Payer Law Group will help you determine exactly what paperwork you need to substantiate your claim.
After All Car Accidents Orlando Drivers Should Prepare:
- Your Personal Insurance Policy- You will need to show your lawyer a copy of your auto insurance policy. This will help determine the type of recovery to which you may be entitled. Furthermore, keep a record of any communication you have with your insurance company following the accident.
- The Other Driver or Party’s Information – Provide your attorney with as much information on the other party involved. This includes any applicable insurance policy, their contact information, driver’s license number, license plate number, and car registration.
- The Police Report – Even in the event of a minor accident, you should always notify the policy Be sure to obtain a copy.
- Pictures and Videos of the Accident Scene – Visual evidence, such as pictures and videos, can help corroborate your claim. Take many photos detailing any damage to your vehicle, as well as of the entire accident scene. You should also document any injuries you have sustained with photographic evidence.
- Statements from Any Witnesses – If a witness has provided the police with a statement, be sure to get a copy for your records. However, you can also carefully write down any details a witness is willing to provide.
- Your Medical Records – Record any emergency room, doctor, or therapy visits.
- Your Income Records – If you had to take time off work due to injuries from an auto accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the lost income. Have detailed records of any work missed, paystubs, and W-2 forms.
- All Invoices and Bills – Not only does this include any bills or invoices occured from medical treatment, even benefits paperwork from your insurance company, it also consists of any expenses you incurred as a result of the accident. This may be items you purchased to treat your injuries/pain, or transportation to and from medical appointments.
- A Personal Pain Journal – Tracking times and dates, level of pain experienced, symptoms, the cause of pain, and any activities you have missed due to your pain or injury. All of this can be useful information to depict how your life has been impacted from the accident.
If you were injured in one of the many car accidents Orlando drivers face, you may be entitled to compensation. It is essential you schedule a consultation with an Orlando car accident lawyer at Payer Law Group to evaluate your case. We can help you identify any additional documentation you may need to strengthen and prove your personal injury claim. Call us today to schedule an appointment at our Orlando offices.