It’s easy to get lulled into a false sense of security with your insurance company. You purchase your policy and assume the provider will pay your personal injury claim if you’re ever involved in an automobile accident that meets all the necessary requirements. Orlando drivers can be caught off guard when their insurance company denies their claim. With the help of an Orlando car accident lawyer at Payer Law Group, we can help you identify why your claim was denied and possibly pursue action to help get you any compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Why Was My Personal Injury Claim Denied?
Many things can lead to the denial of a claim. It is important to determine what led to your claim being denied. The most common reasons are:
- The car accident was caused by your own actions. Distracted driving, texting while driving, or driving under the influence all could cause the insurance company to deny your claim.
- Your policy did not cover the insurance claim you made.
- Following the car accident, you didn’t seek medical attention in a timely manner.
- The insurance company believes your injury is caused by a pre-existing condition and is not a result of the automobile accident.
- Your policy did not have the driver listed as a named insured party.
- You had a lapse in coverage because you failed to pay your insurance premium.
- The damage or injury exceeds your policy’s limits.
- Your insurance claim is subject to “exclusions in the policy.” For example, if an act of God caused your car accident it may be considered an exclusion.
An Orlando car accident lawyer may be able to help your claim, regardless of the reason your claim was denied. Payer Law Group understands the ins and outs of personal injury law. We are highly experienced in litigating disputes with insurance providers. We should be able to gather the necessary facts and put together the right type of case log to help reinstate your benefits, if possible.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Personal Injury Claim
Even if an insurance company has previously denied your claim, an Orlando car accident lawyer may be able to help. At Payer Law Group we will review your claim. Sometimes a mistake or miscommunication between you and your insurance company may have caused your claim to be denied and it needs to be rectified by a qualified attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney will investigate your accident and determine if additional evidence exists that will validate your claim. If necessary, we can begin a formal appeal process. It would provide the insurance company with a detailed account of your injuries, evidence of the other party’s negligence or fault, and a listing of any injuries or losses related to your claim.
Don’t give up simply because an insurance company has denied your personal injury claim. Contact Payer Law Group today to discuss your case with a qualified Orlando attorney. We want to get you the compensation you deserve.